Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some new-uns

I've been panicking lately, feeling that I've been wasting precious summer daylight. Gotta step it up!



Mt. Tamalpais from Big Rock Ridge 6X8 O/P



Return of "The Hat" 6X8 O/P



Marin Headlands from Land's End (S.F.) 6X8 O/P

Had some fun paint sessions lately with good buds Ian and Richard. In the first two paintings, I was experimenting with a full value scale block-in in warm tones to try to brighten up my palette, only it seems that I covered it up a little more than I wanted. It may be worth further testing.

3 comments:

Pablo VillicaƱa Lara said...

Hey Jimmy G.! Hurray for full value scales, especially when they turn out so well! Thanks for stopping by, hope you've had a great and creative summer!

Urchinator said...

Holy crap, that's awesome! I like the transition from the grass to the trees in the first one with the red.

josh lindeman said...

Great stuff Jimmy! I really like the warm tones and greater saturation in the forground on the first one. I'd say your experiment was a sucess!